When I enter the game how do I switch to full screen? And how do I set the screen's resolution?
|To play the jigsaw puzzles in full screen mode just press <Alt>-<Enter>; the game will switch from windowed mode to full screen mode. However it is highly recommended to go to the options interface (press "Options"
button) and set your preferred screen resolution from there. You can also set your screen refresh rate, but for this to work your monitor driver must be properly installed. In this case a
list of other available refresh rates will appear, other than the default refresh rate (0).
|Sometimes when I maximize the window the game starts to move really slow.
1) If you maximize the window make that the first thing you do when you start the game. This is because the video memory is still available and not yet loaded with pieces or other images.
2) Try playing in the full screen mode. Although on some computers windowed mode works just fine, on older systems full screen mode has a much better performance.
|I just downloaded the game but it just won't install!!!
1) You may have a broken download. If you downloaded the game from our website and the download stopped (at 80% let's say), your install kit on your computer is invalid!!! You need to re-download the file and try again. For more reliability with downloads use a download utility like Download Accelerator or Gozilla. These all have free usable versions.
2) You don't have enough space. This is not as common as the broken download but it's possible. X-plosive Jigsaw requires 20 Mb space for installing but much more for playing (50Mb should be enough)
3) You don't have administrator rights. Typically the game will want to install in "Program Files" folder, but only Administrator can install there. If this is the problem you can choose to install the game elsewhere (like "C:\Games\").
|After a while playing the game, it occupies a lot of space on my computer!
||Saved games occupy a lot of space (from 500k up to 10 mega per save). A good policy when you complete a jigsaw is to reset it; this will free the space used by the save. You can reset it either just after you completed it or later in the Puzzle Selector, using the "Reset" button.
|When I first install the game, it just
||If this occurs, reboot and try again. In most cases this works. After that game won't pose any more troubles.
|When I install the game, an error like
"Could not create directory 'Program Files\Crea-Soft' ...."
||You cannot create a folder in the "Program Files"
because you don't have administrator rights. Solution #1: install
the game as the computer administrator. Solution #2: install the game
in another folder, like "C:\Games".
|After installing some jigsaw packs, now i have too many puzzles installed. How do i delete some of them?
In the game's folder (typicaly: "Program Files\Crea-Soft\X-plosive Jigsaw") there is a Folder called "Jigsaws". All the puzzles are stored there, as JPEG images. You can delete some of the JPEG images in that folder without affecting the gameplay.
In Control Panel -> Add/remove programs you will find all the packages installed. For example: "Animal live XPJ 1.0" is the a jigsaw puzzles pack. You can remove the add-on from there. The uninstall will only remove the images, not the saved games. If you reinstall the same package you will find your saved games still working.